The Student Magazine of Jakarta Intercultural School

FEEDBACK

FEEDBACK

FEEDBACK

Treats for Tough Work

Dessert shops for working—and satisfying your sweet tooth!

The question, “Can we study after school together?” is commonly asked in conversations among JIS students. But often, when a friend’s house is unavailable or one finds themselves tired of the school campus, students end up in malls. Whether you are looking for a study spot or a place to enjoy a sweet treat, consider these local dessert stops to satisfy your sweet tooth.

Riva Reno

Jl. RS Fatmawati Raya No. 45

(10 minutes from JIS)
Rp. 65-95k

Based in Milan, Riva Reno sells authentic Italian gelato in Cilan-Dak. They offer a classic menu, with flavors such as chocolate ganache and pistachio, alongside a rotating special menu, selling variants like Cassata (Sicilian sponge cake with candied fruits) and matcha green tea.

Riva Reno is lit up through its floor-to-ceiling windows that allow sunlight into the cafe. But the space would not be complete without seats: Sofas, stools, and outdoor seating are all available. Additionally, Riva Reno is located within a park-like setting, serving as a brief escape from the city.

Dou Bakehaus

Lotte Mart Fatmawati, Jalan RS. Fatmawati Raya No. 1
(14 minutes from JIS)

Rp. 45-59k

Dou Bakehau is known for its breakfast foods and pastries, but most notably for its pies. Both classic and unique pies are incorporated into their menu. Classics include apple pie and lemon meringue pie, whilst more creative flavours include matcha pie and tiramisu pie.

Dou Bakehaus is the cosiest cafe featured. The space is rarely crowded during weekdays, granting students a quiet area to complete work while enjoying a sweet treat accompanied by the warm aroma of pastries! Located behind the already still Lotte Mart, the cafe is tucked away from the bustling Jakarta roads.

Bloomery Patisserie:

Jl. H. Nawi Raya No.28, Gandaria Sel.
(15 minutes from JIS)

Rp. 32-35k

Originating in Japan, the Gâteau Mille Crepe is a cake comprised of sweet cream and many thin layers of crepe. Bloomery Patisserie offers the Mille Crepe in various flavors, from French vanilla to Lotus Biscoff.

In contrast to their sweet-sounding names, the desserts are not too sweet and airy.

The cake shop embraces earthy tones in its minimalistic choice of furniture, creating a calm environment that helps contrast the stress of pending homework. Conveniently located just five minutes away from the Cipete Raya MRT station, Bloomery Patisserie is easy to locate.

Dou Bakehaus:

Jl. Intan No. 8A, Cilandak Bar.

(20 minutes from JIS)
Rp. 80k per 5 pcs

The Bombolone is a cream-filled doughnut dusted with powdered sugar and Bon Bon Bites’ staple item. Traditionally available in few variations, Bon Bon Bites offers unique flavours like the Hokkaido custard and the purple ube, perfect for sweet tooths alike.

Inside, the cafe adorns a colorful palette with eccentric furniture and light-colored displays. Bon Bon Bites is located in Paradia Compound, a spacious indoor and outdoor area that hosts local brands.

Let’s face it: completing homework right after school can be quite bitter, so why not make it sweeter with these treats?