The Student Magazine of Jakarta Intercultural School

FEEDBACK

FEEDBACK

FEEDBACK

Lights, Camera, Debate!

Exploring the vibrancy of IASAS Cultural Convention events.

Between the first and second athletic seasons of IASAS is the Cultural Convention. Students from the six participating schools unite to express, share, and foster their love for visual arts, film, and MUN. Rather than competing against one another, delegates hone to work collaboratively in workshops, exhibitions, and conferences.

IASAS Art/Film

JIS was privileged to host IASAS Art/Film this year. While Film delegates had the opportunity to dive deeper into the process of planning, producing, filming, and editing films with industry professional guests like Breen O’Reilly and Clifford Miu, Art delegates participated in workshops that varied from batik production to mural painting.

“I would like to give Mrs. Jones and Mr. White more recognition for their work since the workshops here were extraordinary,” JIS Art delegate Kirana Ratomo said. “Personally, the process of hanging our artwork in the F-module was the most memorable part of IASAS Art because I got to meet delegates from other schools, discuss their art, and get to know more people with the same interests as me.”

IASAS MUN

Meanwhile, the IASAS MUN team traveled to Taiwan for their conference at Taipei American School. Over the course of three days, delegates from schools in fifteen different countries all across Southeast, South, and East Asia debated, discussed, and cooperated to come up with innovative solutions to current issues of global relevance.

JIS delegate Leo Nankervis explained that his experience was valuable as MUN “allows [him] to develop [his] public speaking skills, better understand global affairs, and engage in international events.”